My vulva/vagina looks weird

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm in my early 20s and recently I've decided to actually look at my area. And it looks like the images below and I was wondering why it looks like that, do I maybe have an illness or should I look into labiaplasty. I've been seeing how some peoples look through but mines doesn't even have the color I typically see. It's like a gray purple color. image

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

some ladies have labia that colour...its not abnormal. Its just the way you are. Labia can be pink, purplish/grey/ brown. Dont worry and dont think about labiaplasty . There is no need.

• Edited

Congratulations for taking a look at your genitals to see how you look. I hope you also took the time to open your lips and find all the parts, your clitoral hood, your clitoris, the urethral opening (pee hole) and your vaginal opening. Getting properly acquainted with your vulva (the parts you can see) is an important part of growing up and your sex education.

Your vulva looks perfectly normal. The color of your inner lips can be whitish, pink, wine red, dark brown, deep purple, even almost black. And some women have different colors, starting for example with pink below and a very dark color on the edge.

Some women have small almost hidden inner lips, for some it peaks out, for others is hangs out. Some have long innerlips, some have smaller inner lips like yours.

It is also not unusual to have one side different from the other side.

All of this is perfectly normal, and it is a part of what makes you an unique women. If we all looked exactly the same, life would be pretty boring.

• Edited

Thank you for your reply it has definitely helped me into developing a better relationship with my vulva.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.