My Way to beat gout

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK, so I have had my second episode of gout. it was unbearable for 4 days when I decided to take action. I have listed my strategy to manage and clear it here. This might not be for everyone but my theory was to just try and BLAST it. No half hearted measures. Hopefully within 3 days this will alleviate your pain. It fixed me in 3 days

1) Got to your doctor and get Colchicine. Take 2 tables 3 times a day 8 hours apart

2) Also get Diclac 50mg from your Doctor. Take 3 tables 3 times a day for swelling

3a) If you cant get Diclac get Tumeric tablets from a health food store

3) Go Vegan for 3 days. Cut out ALL meat/dairy. but no Asparagas or Spinach

4) Drink FOUR litres of water a day. Yep. 4. Your p**s should be clear at all times

5) Make a juice of 80% Celery 20 % Apple (its horrible otherwise) a liter a day

6) snack on cherries - up to 20 a day - fresh, tinned or frozen

7) Make a drink of 1 lemon squeezed and big spoonful of baking soda (not bak powder)

8) Take a the strongest painkiller you can get - dont go over maximum amount!

9) Keep as much pressure off your foot as possible

10) Soak your foot in epsom salts and warm water twice a day for 20 minutes

11) drink 3 cups of nettle tea a day. No Sugar. Cut out all caffeine

12) Get some kind of gel/cream for the swelling. Lots out there.

13) Dont use any freeze sprays. The uric acid loves this stuff

14) Go to the sauna if your a member of a gym. sweat it out.

15) Stay positive, if you can handle this you can handle anything

There we go. Seems extreme. But then again so is gout. and when you have the pain youll try anything to get rid of it.

Chances are youll feel better after this anyway with the whole water and vegan thing.

Stay positive everyone, it wont has forever

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I’m not sure how No 14 can work as it’s going to dehydrate you.

Your technique may work - but do you believe it’s addressing the underlying issue - the hyperuricemia? (I don’t).  If it’s not fixing the underlying issue, you could be looking at severe medical issues a decade down the road, not least of which is heart problems.

• Posted

absoloutley, this is indeed a quick fix and not at all fixing the underlying issue. I agree. I stuck in the sauna thing as I just think it helped me, had the feeling of getting rid of a lot of crap from my body..maybe it just helped my mood. .your right  I should have stuck in a footnote there to drink a litre of water after Sauna
    • Posted

I think the sauna might work because it’s hot and cold. I personally found (not had an attack for couple of years - I take allopurinol) putting my foot into the hottest water I could take, followed by the coldest I could take: a kind of foot sauna. That way I didn’t sweat much. 
  • Posted

What I found to help with inflammation is putting your feet in warm to tepid water then add ice, soak your feet for as long as you can, I can't do more than 5 minutes, and the inflammation not only in your feet but throughout your body is gone.

Everything else is too drastic except for cherry juice or eat cherries. Drink lots of water, avoid purines, avoid aspirin, and whatever else causes your body to trigger a gout attack.

• Posted

I was told to take that dosage of Colchicine and after two days I was so ill I thought I was going to die. Drinking loads of water isn't a bad idea, but I would replace it with a decent quality cider. I am a vegi, so the diet isn't to hard to follow. 

• Posted

The problem with colchicine is that there is a wide variation in what is tolerable, and the therapeutic dose and the dose which will condemn you to the loo the same as a holiday to India, is pretty close. The advice used to be take one per hour for six hours, then 2 per day. Huge numbers can’t take that. I suspect the way that works is that you are so unwell and mopping up the loo, that the gout becomes just a minor inconvenience.

What they advise now is one every twelve hours, if necessary. I have read some research which indicated that a tab cut in half and every twelve hours is better tolerated.

What they suggest is if the dose is too much, stop, when you’re ok start on a lower dose.

As for cider - as it’s alcohol I see no reason that it should work, but if it works for you, why not? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.