My wife 59 has aortic dissection. type A. She had operation Bental-De Bono-aortic valve prosthesis

Posted , 2 users are following.

My wife 59 has aortic dissection. type A. She had operation Bental-De Bono-aortic valve prosthesis with prosthesis of ascending aorta. She still has dissection of all another parts of aorta with two channels and fenestration between them. She is in relatively good condition with no pains, good kidneys function and good limbs. Does she need another stenting operation ?What'll the course of desease without operation ?What is the risk of stenting in this condition ?

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Well that's a lot of questions, at best, it is enough to say we have different backgrounds and symptoms including the outcomes.

Your consultant would have advised medication I suspect for the descending dissection as it sounds like she is stable I would suspect a widening of all or part of the Aorta on one side of the false lumen but you have not mentioned this as having any an aneurysm?

Only in the event of an impending disaster would they stent and only parts of due to the number of feeds to the body.

Replacement is possible but high risk, Some have been ok on the drugs for yrs with only minor side effects...

I am medically managed by those drugs and have a full descending dissection with a large 8.5 aneurysms, for 4yrs out now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.