My wife has very excruciating pain at lower abdominal towards right

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Doctor,

First of all this is for my wife as she suffers with a very serious health issue.

She goes through a crucial period usually ( 22nd to 5th) every month until her menstruation cycle starts, and during this time she suffers with an excruciating pain in her lower abdominal on the right end, the nature of which has changed a little bit over past 2 years.

Actually it used to be very mild back in 2014 - 2015 (before Marriage), just once or twice in 2 to 3 months. But it's severity started increasing gradually after marriage and until 2016 it was very random, used to occur any time during the month.

In mid 2015, we consulted a Gastroenterologist thinking that it would be related to stomach, after some observations and ultrasound  of the target area, he came to the conclusion that its IBS (Irresistible Bowl Syndrome) which at that time we believed having no idea that it might be related to Gynaecology. He wrote few medicines completely based on his assumptions. However, after consuming those medicines it gave a certain degree of relieve though but had a side-effect. I started causing a white thick vaginal discharge which was very uncomfortable so she stopped taking those medicines. We didn't go back to that doctor again.

We then visited a Gynaecologist, she did some observations and didn't find anything wrong in this area and then she suggested to consult a Gastroenterologist. We again visited a Gastroenterologist, he asked us to conduct an MRI of the whole abdominal which we did and when shown him the report, everything was normal.

Around mid 2016 to 2017 it began to change its behaviour. As mentioned, earlier it used to occur any time during the month but now it started occurring during a specific period of time i.e. from 25th to 5th Each month. I would stop just when the menstruation cycle start. The severity of the pain also started increasing very rapidly. She explained me it felt like someone is piercing needle inside the stomach.

The frequency of pain in a day also started increasing, earlier it used to happen once or twice a day but later it starting occurring once every 2 to 3 hours. When the pain comes, it would last around 5 to 10 mins and then would go. Putting a hot water bottle right on the pain area gives a bit of relief. Also, in the past the pain used to trigger after eating something very cold (like ice-cream) but that stopped happening later.

Then we went to another Gynaecologist, after some observations based on the details given about the pain, she performed lower abdominal ultrasound and she said that there is tremendous amount of infection developed and she came to the conclusion that it's PID(Pelvic Inflammatory Disease).

The doctor gave some medicines and also several injections to reduce the infection. This continued for about 3 month and on every next visits she performed the ultrasound which, as per her observations, showed the infection was coming down. However when on the following visits she started giving expensive injections with the justifications that it's for eliminating the infection, we suspected that she is only earning money out of our desperation to get rid of pain.

Then we visited another Gynaecologist, told her all about what we went through and also about the finding of previous doctor that my wife has PID, she gave us plethora of lab tests and after seeing all the reports she rubbished the PID finding by previous doctor saying usually when a doctor doesn't find correct root cause of such issues they term it PID.

Based on her findings, she said that my wife has 'Bulky Ovary'  where too many eggs are releasing but they are not getting ruptured as soon as they are supposed to be which is causing the pain. Based on this finding she gave few medicines to take but it didn't give the expected results. She then gave up and despite conducting so many tests and seeing all the report she didn't find anything out of the order and referred us to a general physician. Our hopes shattered there because the general physician asked us to have a CT scan done. That's when we realized we are just being exploited.

So, even after consulting about 6-7 Gynaecologist and 2 Gastro the end result was a big Zero. My wife still suffers with the same amount of pain.

I know my question is very long but I couldn't encapsulate it in a small paragraph because the situation needed to be told in detail. I anyone could please advise us or figure out the root cause of this pain we will really be indebted to you for our whole life.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.