My withdrawl from 15 mg of mirtrazapine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've taken mirtrazapine for over 7 months. For anxiety, grief, depression. In May I felt well and started a slow withdrawal under doctors suoervision. First 4 weeks took 3/4 of a 15 mg pill. Cut the pill into 4 segments and took 3. Did this for 4 weeks. Then cut down to half a pill or two segments. Continued this for 5 weeks. Now on last drop of 1/4 tablet or one segment. Will continue this for 4 weeks. It has not been to bad. Have had morning anxiety and nausea. My doctor has given me tablets for the nausea which help. Sleep as been poor but I do manage to drop off eventually and try not to make a issue of it. Our bodies do sleep when we need it. What has helped also is reading books on anxiety and depression and why we feel like we do . Try amazoby which has many good books on this. The books put things into perspective of why our minds and bodies feel like they do when having anxiety and depressive thoughts. One thing that made me see sense is anxiety is caused by ourselves. Ourselves keep it going. So I do mindful relaxation ( info available on internet) and this helps. Also depressive thoughts, again ourselves create these. I now get out more and focus on good points of my day. There's no quick fix but things do get better. I will post back in the next week to let you know how I'm doing. One thought, if you think miserable thoughts you will be miserable. Think of a friend spending the day with a miserable you? Wound you want to??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  I discontinued off Mirtazapine a few months ago.  I was on 7.5 mg.  I had a lot of bad side effects both on and withdrawing from the drug.  Most notably, restless leg, brain/body zaps, twitches, bad nausea in the morning.  My insomnia kicked up a notch once completely off the drug.  I am now taking Ambien, which is helping me after many months of bad insomnia.  Did you experience any unusual side effects?  This drug made me feel horrible.  Had great difficulty getting out of bed and starting my day.  So glad to be off it.
    • Posted

Hi John, no side effects from mirt other than a little weight gain which I needed after not eating to well. It did make me feel really tired even after a goods night sleep. On withdrawal the nausea is becoming less as is the morning anxiety. I started mirt last Nov 2018 so have not been in long. Each drop on the tablet has been bearable. Reading about being anxious, depressed etc has helped me calm down a bit and accept my body needs time to heal as there is no quick fix just time. I was in pregablin for anxiety but have not stopped that candidate feel ok. Everyone will react differently as we all take mirt for different things. It was a godsend to me and got me focused to get my life back. No tablet can completely cure stuff, they just help paper over the cracks. The rest is up to that individual. I'm doing ok far. Forums like this are a great help and you know u r not along.

• Posted

If you would like to join a FB mirtazapine withdrawal support group, please private message me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.