My wpws experience

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all

well i guess my wpws is very different...

heres my story .. jan 2018 i go to the doctors for routine checkup with the nurse, she says do u want a flu jab ... no never had one , she then says why u down for one ? i then said may be to do with my heart murmur ? so she asks wen did i last have ecg i replied hiw long a piece of string we hadnt been at this drs long, so fast forward ecg done a week later at my doctors phone call from hospital possible wpws we both looked at each other said whats that??? i HAVE NO SYMPTOMS

so lots of tests etc and forward to feb 2019 for my ablation dr did ecg beford the op and said if he got this ecg reading in clinic he would jave said i didnt have wpw which is a pretty scary thing considering I DID !!!!!!

my ablation lasted 6 half hours and i was wide awake throughout!!! sedation didnt work, so i watched the procedure on the screen, talked to the drs etc throughout they couldnt believe i wasnt out for the count !!! i felt the burning of the pathway which was a big one in my left heart chamber and they felt i had another one somewhere but they couldnt find it !!!!

at the end of the proceedure they said shes tacacadiaing i felt nothing scary .

after i came back i had to lie still for 8 hours cause of the groin wound .

dr said nxt time if needed knocking me out lol

i began exercising 2 weeks after and i have been fine and continued my normal life ,,,,, although they said i may experience palpatations now , which was annoying cause never experienced them before ?????

at my june check up all ok , ecg gud no signs of wpw

although today july i had strong small heart beats could here it then one large one .... not surr what these are lasted on and off for a day and heart feels like been in a battle .

take care all hopefully chat soon xxx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.