mycoplasma

Posted , 4 users are following.

looking for some insight on this? i have been having reocurring BV for about 2 years now and was tested for this about a week ago and my test results came back positive. My doctor told me it is not an STI but everything i read says other wise? thank you!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

imageits an std

• Posted

just hard to wrap my mind around i guess. something ive never even heard of. i have been having some pelvic pain lately too

• Posted

usually if u have an std thats been left untreated it causes pelivic pain as the bacteria moves up past the cervix an into the fallopium tubes etc

• Posted

its usually treated with the antibiotics u have already been given so it should clear it all up

• Posted

the pelvic pain should go away once the treatment is finished if it persists go bck and see your doctor

• Posted

there is no insight thats what you have get antibiotics for it. did they prescribe you something?

• Posted

i spoke to her via inbox shes been prescribed doxycycline for mycoplasma ganatalium

• Posted

no one was asking for rude comments. i was asking if anyone knew anything about it or if they have had it. thank u

• Posted

i wasnt trying to be rude. i thought maybe you asked your doctor what was it you know asking questions so he or she can explain thats all.

• Posted

and i did! she was vague on it so thats why i am here. she said it was not an std, had no clue how long i have had it an said its nothing to worry about but i worry! so i an kinda stressed

• Posted

oh ok this my first time hearing about it to we both in the same boat man and i do want to have 1 more child im worried this has something to do with it.

• Posted

yea i finally found a dr that wanted to test for it! i am worried as well! 😦 my first time hearing of it too so i am not educated on it

• Posted

me either i will ask more about this and thanks and i am sorry if i sounded rude.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.