Myelogram After Effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a CT/Myelogram last Monday and it's been 8 days and I am still left with a headache.  Not as intense but I notice when I fall asleep on the recliner my back of my head and top hurts bad.  Once I get up and go to the bathroom, I am okay.  The day after the test I noticed pain, bruised pain behind my thighs and calves.  It was terrible.  So terrible that I could barely sit.  I called the Radioologist that performed the CT/Myelogram and he said it's the stuff they injected into my spine to "light it up".  He suggested taking Tylenol Extra Strength and drink a lot of fluids and it would go away in a couple hours.  He also said drinking fluids would help keep me from having a severe headache.  So I keep drinking water and going to the bathroom.  Well, after about two hours of talking with the dr. I developed the headache.  I never get headaches/migraines but it felt like someone hit me with a bat in the back and topside of my head.  I right away sat onthe recliner and laid flat.  It was sick for two days and did not want to move.  That Friday I felt a little better and went to the grocery store.  I was walking in the store and it felt like the pressure inside my head was going to explode.  My hearing was like listening to everything around me going in and out.  Then I just distracted myself and it went away.  I never vomited but I did get nauseated a few times.  I did get dizzy once or twice.  I had the Myelogram on Monday, September 17th and today, Tuesday, September 25th, I get a headache usually upon arising from sleep on the recliner.  I do not lay flat on the recliner so that could be my problem.  Also, I have to force myself to drink more water.  My headache is not as intense but it does hurt,enough to wake me up and I put a cold compress on the back of my head and that does help it.  I am taking Tylenol Extra Strength but today I am going to the store to get Advil gel caps as I have heard they are great for headaches and aches and pains.  I go to my Ortho doc on Oct. 8th to discuss the results of the CT/Myelogram and I will tell him if he wants to do this again he is going to have to hospitalize me because I will NOT go thru this again!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.