myocardial infraction

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was having tests before planned surgery in Feb and the Ecg showed myocardial infraction? my doctor has sent  e mail to get me a cardiac appointment I am so scared is there some way I can get seen quickly I do not hae money for private health

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Myocardial infarction is a heart attack if so why did he not send you direct;y to a hospial?
    • Posted

this is why I am so worried the hospital sent me to my gp with the print out it had myocardial infraction ? on the printout
  • Posted

First of all, don't get alarmed, just because the ecg showed evicence of an old

infarct does not mean you're going to die.  I had an ecg one time, just as a routine

evaluation and it showed evidence of an old infarct.  I wouldn't have even known

I'd had an infarct if I hadn't had the ecg.  I'm not saying you shouldn't follow up with

a cardiologist, but you can't do anything to reverse the heart attack you've had, you

can only get an evaluation and hopefully sound advice on where to go from there.

I wish you the best going forward, try to stay calm, if you can.

• Posted

Email the doctor back is it on an "urgent" basis he wants that appointment or not?  If he doesn't respond, call and call again to get this clarified.
  • Posted

Hi

Try  to stay calm, if you get too worried, go to a & e. Take care. xx  the best xx

• Posted

It's  understandable you're scared, but not knowing even what country you're in I can't offer you any suggestions on how to get seen quickly.   Your gp would be the one to ask about this.
    • Posted

Well then I guess it won't be the hot weather, eh?
    • Posted

Apologies for the irrelevant rsponse regarding the weather:  it was meant for someone else on another forum

Given that the heart attack was so mild you didn't even know you'd had it, please try not to worry until you've had further tests, which I know isn't easy, but it's essential because how we deal with stress can have a huge effect on cardiac condtions.

If you have any worrying symptoms at all, go to the hospital emergency department, by ambulance if necessary. 

• Posted

Hi Crawfurd,

I know it's easy to say don't worry so I won't say it. What I will say is try to keep calm. Download a meditation app on your phone, get a massage or try some acupuncture? Just do your best to not stress about the situation. I found anxiety was the biggest problem while waiting to see the hospital consultant. I waited 4 weeks for my 'urgent' referral & they were the longest 4 weeks of my life! My ECG also showed a possible MI, but I now know these changes on my ECG could be indicative of other issues.

If your symptoms suddenly worsen, phone 999. Hopefully you won't need to do this. Write down any questions & talk to your GP if need be as they may be able to help?

I know it's terrifying & I wish you a short wait for your referral & positive answers.

• Posted

Thank you very much I am trying to think aoong yhe lines that what will be will be I only worry gor my dog now as there is only him and me
    • Posted

Hi Crawfurd,

Hope you're coping as well as possible. Weirdly I worried about my dog more than I worried about me! I thought I would die at any moment; but obviously I am still here.

I dont know what all your symptoms are, but these can be helped with medication. See your GP for more advice & they can put you on certain drugs if they deem it necessary. 10 days ago, my cardiologist put me in 3 medications & I'm already feeling so much better. I'm still frightened & experiencing some side effects from the meds; however, I beginning to revert back to my usual self & take control of my condition. My dog's helping me to do this because he's sensitive to my emotions & I need to stay calm for his sake. Amazing how our pets can help us!

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.