Myocardial perfusion scan

Posted , 5 users are following.

i recently had a Myocardial (STRESS ) perfusion scan on my heart. has anyone else has this test before?

sometimes people get called back for a second scan. i don't have to go back for this. i'm not sure if this means my results are ok?

im waiting to get my results. can anyone explain why people get called back for a second scan?

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Louise

I had this test done about 6 years ago as part of test as I had angina, it reported no problem but about a year afterwards I got unstable angina and required a bypass heart op.

I chose to have the scan as I didn't at the time want an invasive test (angiogram) but had I had that it might have thrown up problems sooner.

So if you want any advice from me I would say go ask for an angiogram as well if nothing is found on the perfusion scan rather than get another scan, but that is only my viewpoint and others may have other advice.

• Posted

They would most likely get a call back for a second scan, because there was some disruption, movement, or what they call an artifact and they don't want to be in doubt as to what they're seeing, especially with the heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.