myocardialinfarction

Posted , 1 user is following.

My Mum was the world to me and I saw her everyday we went walking and she seemed very fit for her age she didn't smoke or drink. A day after her birthday we were out walking and she was just fine chatting away as we always did, when she went very quiet and complained of indegestion I was joing and asked if she had a pain in her left arm she said no so I said that it wasn't a heart attack HOW WRONG COULD I BE!! 2 minutes later she started being sick anfd then had a massive heart atttack.. I Just cant believe this has happened and I relive those final moments over and over again if love could have saved her it would've and I just dont think I willl ever get over losing my fantastic mum and best friend...

Mum I will love you forever

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear about you losing your mum to this awful condition. I also lost my stepdad 3 weeks ago to this and he had exactly the same symptoms that your mum had. We have to think that although we miss them dearly they did not suffer in any pain which would be even more heartbreaking. My stepdad was only 62 and we feel that we and he have been cheated losing him before he even retired. Keep the memories alive and hopefully time may ease the pain. x : :cry:
  • Posted

Thank you for replying I do take some comfort that my mum didnt suffer I'm sorry for your loss did your step dad have any warning signs previously? as I dont think my mum did I know we will miss them forever but we have to go on evevn thou it is hard some days and especially this time of year. :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Posted

Yes it is definately hard this time of year. I know our xmas's will never be the same again. My stepdad didnt really have any warning signs only the day before he said he felt wierd while we were out and he said he'd got indegestion but put it down to the tuna he had at lunch time. He seemed to come round when we took him home and then the next morning he got up and was sick, like your mum was and then just collapsed at the top of the stairs. So very very sudden. You just cant belive that these things can happen with no warning signs atall. Life can be very cruel at times. Anyway take care.x
  • Posted

Yes it is definately hard this time of year. I know our xmas's will never be the same again. My stepdad didnt really have any warning signs only the day before he said he felt wierd while we were out and he said he'd got indegestion but put it down to the tuna he had at lunch time. He seemed to come round when we took him home and then the next morning he got up and was sick, like your mum was and then just collapsed at the top of the stairs. So very very sudden. You just cant belive that these things can happen with no warning signs atall. Life can be very cruel at times. Anyway take care.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.