Myocarditis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was recently diagnosed with viral pneumonia ,they found out I had cardiomegaly also , an echo was done my output was 12% and termed as viral cardiomyopathy ,after the viral pneumonia my output was 25% after a week , had an echo by 4weeks still 25%

But my symptoms are going getting less tired can climb stairs , the doctor has put me on medication and told it will take time to heal has anyone experienced this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Husband had/has same, his output or EF was at 23%, after three months came back to 36%, then 3 months later in 41%.

He ate pounds of oranges, 2 - 3 a day, craved them, and walked and walked as much as he could, at first he could only walk about 20 steps, and then extended that very slowly, adding maybe 5 - 10 steps every three to five days, until at 18 months he was walking 3- 4 miles, remember walking slow enough to keep up a normal conversation with someone walking with you, no more.

Cut out ALL SALT, he does not eat any salt either in cooking or as a condiment, food tastes a little bland, and then after about a month you do get used to it.

From what we are told it can take about 2 years for viral cardiomypothy to settle into as healed as you are going to get.

Watch you weight, the last thing you need to be doing is putting on weight, and if you are already overweight you need to start watching what you are eating, what I call wasted calories, biscuits, soft drinks, ice cream, beer, all a NO NO now.

Any questions come back to me, happy to answer from experience with my husband.

• Posted

kunal74429, whats your age do you mind me asking? it may give indications as too how you will recover
    • Posted

I'm 24 years was studying for important exam

Went to the doctor yesterday he did an stress test and a holter there were no more ventricular premature contractions

He was expecting me to recover by 6 months donno what to expect 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.