Myomectomy, still feeling pain 3 weeks after

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, It's 3 weeks today since I've done my myomectomy. I'm still a little swollen and I get either sharp shooting pains or what feels like cramps in the area. I think maybe it's my bladder that's cramping ? because I feel a slight discomfort when I pee. I still get tired very easily, even if all I'm doing is walking around the house. I lost 1.3 litres of blood and my blood count's lot less than what it should be. Is that the reason why ? I was supposed to do a blood count on Monday 23rd but I didnt go because I wanted the boyfriend to come with me to bolster me. My biggest fibroid was almost the size of a football and the second biggest was the size of a grapefruit. I got lots of rest last week but I still feel tired..I don't understand why. I'm feeling just as awful as I did after the surgery. I thought the tiredness and pain would be gone by now. I have to go back to work tomorrow but my doctor said 6 weeks. I don't want to lose my job. My boyfriend says I'm fine. It's week 3 now. Also,my left lymph gland/groin hurts sometimes. I'm back to feeling the same discomfort as I did after the myomectomy. The scar area is a mixture of numbness and pain. Is this normal ? My sides and back hurt too. I've been using my abdominl muscles to get up, which I didn't do before, (I was using my hands to push up and my boyfriend would help me to get up), so now my abs feel sore. Is that okay ? My doctor had said that if my blood count doesnt go back up to normal I may have to do a blood transfusion. I don't want to do that. I've stopped taking the pain medication Voltaren, because I don't want to get addicted.

Thanks for any help offered : )

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Natasha,

Don't worry about the tiredness, it's related to being anaemic and will resolve over the next few weeks/months. I assume you are taking iron tablets to bring your haemaglobin count back to normal?

I had a very large fibroid removed in 2013 and like you I lost alot of blood and was very anaemic after surgery. I was shocked at how I felt breathless climbing the stairs and everything was an effort. I took iron tablets and ate well, got plenty of rest and built up my exercise tolerance gradually. I was back at work after 8 weeks and back at the gym after about 12 weeks. I'm running 3 miles on the treadmill regularly now and feel great!

• Posted

Hi Deanne,

Thanks. Yes I am taking iron tablets. I too feel very winded after climbing stairs and I'm often surprised at how quickly tired I get doing simple, light tasks. I'm not able to rest as much as I'd like but I try to sit as often as I can, and to not walk for more than 15 minutes in an hour. As soon as I get home I lay down. I did my operation March 7. Do you think maybe I could do some yoga in May ? Is Bikram yoga safe for me then ? What distance (k/miles) did you start back running at and how did you gradually increase it please ?

Thanks much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.