Myomectomy surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Had my myomec surgery on 01/08/2017,

They removed half fibroids and have given me esmya for 3 months to shrink my fibroids and my next surgery will be in 3 months time again.

I have been bleeding light since 02/08 but from 06/08 it started becoming heavy and now it's even worse with heavy bleeding and blood clot. Have to change pads every 2 hours with v v horrible pain and abdominal cramp. I think I might have started periods from 06/08 but by now if it was periods should have decreased bleeding instead this is just increasing.

Today is the12th day of surgery and I see no difference. Is this normal?

Has anyone been through this before? Is this normal? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there , I know it's frustrating to go through all this as I have been in the same boat .

I had bleeding and heavy clots for 5 weeks straight .

When they did a transvaginal ultrasound they found small fibroids and also a huge uterus which has been the problem causing the bleeding .

I have been on fibristal for almost 2 months now , it's a medication which stops the bleeding .

If I were you I would enquire about that medication and see if it helps . Have they checked your uterus ? Cause it will cause heavy bleeding and the fibroids will also cause bleeding depending on size and location of them .

All the best to you and I hope things get better for you soon :-)

Take care 

• Posted

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. 

They had done an ultrasound on me long before my surgery and the saw a 3cm fibroid near my ultras which is also stopping me to get pregnant. They did the surgery to remove my fibroids on 01/08 and they found out that the fibroid is actually 5cm. They did scoop out half of it and for the other half they have put me on medication to shrink for 3 months. I have to go see my consultant on 13/09 and then we will exactly know what his next step is and when will he do my next surgery. 

However at this time am bleeding a lot and too much stomach cramps with blood clot which is actually killing me. I went to the hospital yesterday and all they said is to have painkiller and see gp on Monday. So annoying!!

I really don't know what to do and no painkillers are actually helping me to ease my problem :'(

• Posted

Why they were only able to remove half of it? Was it open myomectomy or laparoscopic myomectomy? I think you should change the doctor, that's definitely incompetence.

If your fibroid was only 5cm they could have done a hysterescopy. I have had 4 fibroids removed at once, biggest one was 7x5 cm, but it wasn't on NHS, was private in Romania. On NHS I was on a long waiting list and was given 50-50, either myomectomy or hysterectomy. I said no, so went private at a very reasonable price compare with the prices in U.K. and the pain I was in. All good for me, nearly 3 weeks, no pain at all and haven't bled yet. 

All the best for you, hopefully won't be a long/painful process. 

• Posted

* the bleeding is probably the other half of the fibroid that is still in. You should go and see a doctor as soon as possible
    • Posted

It was laparoscopic. I have done this with NHS. Am just worried about the bleeding and stomach ache which is killing me.

I was bleeding heavy with clot before surgery but yet it use to stop in 10 to 11 days sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.