Myomectomy surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I just wanted to know if how long should I wait before the Doctor schedule my surgery? I am really worried if it will take longsad

Thank you!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was wondering this too. I’m literally just waiting for a date. I’m really hoping it’s not long as I can hardly walk and my attendance at work is seriously poor. I’ve not had a full week in work for months due to not being able to walk effectively enough. 
    • Posted

Hello! I have my Doctor's appointment this coming wednesday, but I don't know if she will give me a schedule for my surgery. I honestly can't sleep at night because of my cramps and lower back pain.

• Posted

I’m in the south east of England. I can appreciate that there’s a lot going on in the NHS at the moment and I can see they are under a lot of pressure. I just hope I don’t have to wait 18 weeks. I’ve been like this for months and I just wants to get back to normality. I know this sounds very selfish and honestly feel for anyone who has to deal with this for longer than I have that’s for sure.
    • Posted

Many women have dealt with the problem of fibroids for 2, 3 or even many more years. We all had to wait our turn to be treated
  • Posted

If you are in the UK waiting time is official 18 week's minimum depending on what hospital you are having the procedure. However given what's happening the current state of play in the NHS at the moment non-URGENT operations have been postpone which now can be longer. It's a discussion you need to have with your hospital consultant. Given this, there maybe cancellations. You will need to ensure that you have had all the pre-op procedures such as blood tests, MRI, X-RAY, ULTRASOUND Etc. These need to be done before the embolisation is carried out!

• Posted

All I can say Vivienne, is I’ve been very lucky then as I go in next week. I got a phone call a few days ago. Excited and very nervous at the same time. It’s an odd feeling. It definitely gives that light at the end of the tunnel a bit of a boost that for sure. 
  • Posted

I’m feeling pretty calm about it most of the time (probably because I’ve never had any surgical procedure and am completely unaware of what to expect). I had my pre assessment yesterday. The nurse was really nice, even sat chatting about my nail varnish to help me stay calm. She asked me who was going to be looking after me and to be honest I’ve not made any real plans for anyone to be there. I’ve put plenty of things in place to help me look after myself from the onset of being discharged. I explained this to the nurse. She looked a bit worried and politely said it’s best to have someone there for at least the first couple of weeks. Be honest, do I really need someone there? If it’s just that it would be nice for company, then I’m happy to deal with things on my own. If it’s that someone would be needed because of practical terms, then I will sort something out. Will I be able to get up and down the stairs by myself safely? Will I be able to get myself in/out of bed easily? Will I be able to prepare simple meals independently? Would I manage with someone just popping in to see if I’m ok/need anything? 

some people I’ve spoken too have said I’m going to need to rest as much as possible, take my time and not to rush back to work too quickly. I have a very physical job, so the consultant said 8-12 weeks off work afterwards. Other people have been searching online and are saying I might be discharged the next day, I could be back to work within 4 weeks, I could be back on my feet after the first week home. I’m more inclined to take the consultants advice, as they are the qualified expert and would have a lot of experience of these recovery periods. I’m feeling that I’m going to be pressured into getting myself back to work sooner than I ought too. I don’t have an office job, so I won’t be just sitting at a desk, I will be on my feet for the majority of my days. Any advice from anyone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.