Myriad symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I am still waiting to see a reumatologist after an appointment mix-up but in the meantime I am really struggling with the head symptoms. Is it normal with fibro to find it dificult to turn your head from side to side and nod or shake your head without pain? I also find tracking moving objects difficult and makes me feel woozy plus bending down to pick things up off the floor. Driving in a bumpy car also gives me a headache and I usually wake up feeling thick headed and foggy no matter how much sleep I get. My neck and shoulders are always so tense. I have suffered from an array of gut and stomach issues plus numbness and tingling in left arm and right leg. Sometimes my hips hurt so badly too! I am so sick of turning up at my GPs with yet another symptom and at the point where I am even hoping it is fibro rather than something more sinister - resulting in anxiety and depression. Any advice and support gratefully welcomed.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes Amanda I get all of these symptoms. Stiffness all up the spine (neck is worse). Dizzy days and off balance days (especially in dim light). Disorientated feeling. I also have 2 dodgy vertebrae in my upper back which cause my arms to spasm and stiffen a lot... tingling in the arms down to the fingers. The more stressed I am the worse the symptoms unfortunately x
    • Posted

Same here. Driving has beco.e more difficult especially at night. The lights hurt my eyes and turning my neck to check for oncoming traffic or blind spots hurt like crazy. I have severe pain from my lower back down through my legs. I had sprained my sacrum a fee years back but this feels worse. Like a burning stabbing pain through my but and thighs. My knees arr killing me. I need to see the doc to find out if it's a nerve, muscle or disc problem. I don't know why it has gotten so bad but I don't have the same pain in my face. I do have tmj with fibro but that doesn't burn. Just aches and produces migraines. So I'm not sure what's causing that for you.

• Posted

Hi Amanda. Oh sweetie, not fun symptoms! Well I do think that a great deal of the neck and shoulder pain is due to stress and anxiety. Worry and fear can cause our neck and shoulder muscles to tense up and the dizziness can follow. All these symptoms can be related to anxiety sweetie. I think what could help you the most is getting a gentle massage. What I find especially helpful is an Osteopath. They are much more gentle than a chiropractor. You would need to release the built up tension in your muscles. I have had the same kind of annoying symptoms and each time it was due to stress and worry. Once these tense muscles are released Amanda, you will feel less stressed as well. Getting to the core of your worries can be very helpful as well. I have had to ask myself 'why' I was anxious about certain issues or events. The why can really help you to answer truthfully and get some solutions or better reasoning on what may be bothering you. Stress feeds our Fibromyalgia. Stress and anxiety can mimic just about any pain and weird symptoms. But I would eagerly encourage you to go and get a gentle massage. An Osteopath can usually get more to the source of what is causing the pain. I feel for you sweetie. Try not to worry too much. I know that is often hard to do but learning how to manage our stress and worry is crucial. Maggie xx

• Posted

Hi Maggie your words are always so comforting. I have had the neck pain again for the past couple of weeks, I've been seeing an acupuncturist for about 3 weeks and she helped it but I woke up the next day with it returned. Sadly I am struggling Andrew had a meltdown with my family who have been the cause of my stress and now I don't know how I can go back to talking. They just refuse to understand what I am going through. I've been struggling for 4 years and thought that things would be better if I wasn't around and starting to feel like that again, I'm in a rut

• Posted

Well sweetie, sometimes you just need to distance yourself from the drama. You need some peace in order to recover. You cannot please people all the time. It is absolutely impossible to please everyone anyway. We often care too much about what people think but really it is not that important. You know how you feel and what you are dealing with. You do not need their understanding in order for you to take care of yourself. A little self love and respect is really what can benefit you the most sweetie. Andrew sounds like he has your back. That is important. But you have to have your own back my girl. Stop trying to explain yourself and your struggle. The less we say, the more people accept our situation. The more we explain, the more they make excuses or tell us what we should do or feel. It is a no win battle sweetie. The more you have strength within yourself to make your own decisions and respect your own health situation, the more others will respect you. That is just the way it works. Glad you are seeing an acupuncturist. They can just do so much however. You must change your thought patterns. Start to have self love and self preservation. Start to value who you are Oompa! The rest will come. Maggie xx
    • Posted

Thanks Maggie, there is no Andrew that was a typo, it was me who had the meltdown. I never complain about my pains, and have a family that I feel just does not appreciate me. I guess I feel I need to vent or talk. My family think I'm a miserable moody person rather than ask, never stick up for me and have just pushed me away, I don't even have many friends and I guess I've come to realise I'm very lonely. Thanks for your comforting words, I'm not sure how I am actually get out of feeling this way. Sorry for venting on someone else's question.

• Posted

You need to build up your self esteem and confidence sweetie. You don't need their validation or approval. Really! Venting can help but perhaps a Journal would be the best avenue for you. That way you get it all out and then you can feel some relief and gain a better perspective on things. You are never alone in your struggles. All the ladies here can relate exactly to how you feel. Maggie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.