Mysterious Burning in Urethra (Male)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a male, 20yo and for a few days now I've had a mild burning sensation in urethra. It's not very noticable, pretty much goes away while urinating and is strongest at the end of urination (not after). After urinating it is a bit more noticable, more like a pinching feeling, but it slowly fades away to the point of almost not noticing it. There is no blood, no discharge and no visible changes at all.

Now here's where it gets interesting... I've had this exact occuring problem since I was a kid (4 years old) and with years I realized this...

- it's caused by high pressure uranation (happens sometimes)

- it's caused by high pressure urination + ejaculation (happens always)

... but in all of this cases, it always goes away within 30 minutes.

Now it's been going on for days. I'm not particulary worried because I've dealt with this since kindergarden, but it is strange. Does anybody have similar experience or any idea what this could be?

I apologize for my english - it's not my primary language.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, 

I had the same issue, and currently am still experiencing it...but mine was caused by a urethral stricture from multiple straddle injuries as a child. In addition to burning sensation, I also experience a weak stream that is not always one, continuous stream. I also experience a frequent need to urinate and failure to empty the bladder. All the doctors thought it was either a UTI or psychological problem for about 20 years until I finally convinced my urologist to check for a stricture. Sure enough, there it was, scar tissue that has been constricting my urethra since I was a young boy. 

So, if you experience any of these other symptoms, or can remember ever falling on something/landing between your legs (very painful), it could be a stricture. I would ask your urologist to check for it if that is the case. Unfortunately, surgery is the only permanent fix. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

• Posted

Where is your stricture at?   Do you dilate or have you had it treated? 
    • Posted

I forget the technical term, but it is past the part where the urethra bends, and I actually have two of them right next to each other. I had it dilated a couple years ago which fixed me for about a year. Now the scar tissue has grown back, and my symptoms are only mildly better now than they were before the procedure. So, if you get a dilation, it's just a matter of time before the tissue grows back. That's why reconstructive surgery is the only real permanent fix. It all comes down to how much inconvenience you are willing to put up with when you go to the bathroom. I'm 23, but I urinate like an old man with an enlarged prostate.

• Posted

Can I ask how long after the dilation did your penis feel better? I had a 1 to 2mm stricture and like you had my urthertha opened. I still feel uncomfortable in the penis head, either burning, a pressure or a constant feeling of needing to urinate. Dr told me to give it 4 to 5 weeks as is most likely residual pain. 
    • Posted

hi miktek, 

The only discomfort I felt after the procedure was burning while urinating, and even that went away after only maybe a few days...Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.