Mysterious ear troubles, any thoughts?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone i have an issue with my ear, its been present for a while.

Quick background:

I do have tinnitus,

I have no hearing loss,

I have no fluid behind ears, 

I have no earwax troubles, 

I have times where i feel dizzy, but Lasts for seconds

I have no damage to my ear,

MRI scans are clear.

My Main issue is with noises... i feel like my ear is not equal in pressure. When someone is talking too loud i feel my ear move with the noise (as if the noise is pushing on my eardrum). What it feels like is a pressure imbalance and my eardrum is too tense to process the sound, so does not vibrate properly.

However, the issue im having is that it does not happen when im in loud environments...

If im at a nightclub, a busy shopping centre, on the bus, in a car... my ear doesn't feel off balance with sounds, whether the noise masks the imbalance im still unsure...

The only thing that helps outside of loud places is the valsalva manuevre. Literally forcing air into my middle ear, but this only lasts as long as the air is in my middle ear. when i swallow my tubes open and the air is removed and sounds feel imbalanced again..

For me i bring myself to the conclusion of negative middle ear pressure... i try steroid sprays like flixonase but it rarely helps.

If anybody reading can relate to my symptoms, or can see something im not seeing, please i would be so happy if you left a comment for me to read, even if you dont know what it is just to know someone else is going through the same issue would help me tremendously.

i dont know how to manage with this, but i am open to any ideas..

thank you so much

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.