Mysterious Illness

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey everyone! I have been having terrible symptoms, and the doctors can't seem to figure it out. I have had numerous pelvic ultrasounds, biopsies, blood labs, and examinations. So far the current guess is IBS, so I'm in the beginning stages of changing diet. I don't feel as though IBS answers it all though. It was also suggested that I have food allergies so I'll be getting that test done soon. Here are my symptoms: Uneven abdomen where the lower part bloats like crazy and there's a golf ball sized indent on the upper left side near my stomach, lower back pain extremely worse with periods, bloating and cramping even when not eating, painful sex/feels like uterus is moving with thrusts, constipation and diarrhea, feels like razors are running along my intestines when I poop, fatigue, heavy groin/ab feeling especially while walking it'll feel like it's sort of tugging from side to side as well. It is incredibly uncomfortable and I'm constantly living in pain. Does anybody else experience these combination of symptoms? Back, lower ab, intestinal, and sexual pain.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi you could have endometriosis and ibs like I do. End can only be seen if they cut u open. Your symptoms are in line with endo. Which would then cause scarring and lesions causing ibs symptoms in top of the end.

• Posted

Hello,

I had a lot of these symptoms last year to include pressure in lower Abdomen and a lot of bloating, just very uncomfortable. It turned out to be an ovarian cyst and did resolve with time. Now I’m having that pressure in my upper abdomen below my breastbone and a lot of bloating but they think this time is something with my digestion. This one had been harder to deal with because it affects my eating and I have lost a lot of weight. You should get a intravaginal ultra sound and pelvic ultrasound.

• Posted

Have you had a colonoscopy?  Have you given a stool sample to see if you have a tapeworm? 
    • Posted

I had a stool sample in October which didn't show anything wrong. 

• Posted

Pelvic congestion? This is not picked up in a normal ultrasound and overlooked far too often in MRIs, CTs if the indication is not to look for it.

If you had PC, make sure to be checked for nutcracker (compression of left renal vein) as a cause as embolisation/coiling will then make symptoms for the worse.

• Posted

why is everyone geting ibs sysdrome? humans are gonna die. and these doctors that are normal are lazy or are dumb.

I have som of the same problems and my doctors can't help me too!

• Posted

Uti? Sounds like me
    • Posted

I've had numerous UTIs in my life and this is nothing like that. I get pee tested immediately every time and it's always negative. 

• Posted

Typical sign for "nutcracker of left renal vein" or "interstitial cystitis" or "pelvic congestion".

If you are like I, interested in ruling out physical reasons, please get checked for those.

(Ps: a normal pelvic ultrasound will not look for pelvic congestion.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.