Mysterious illness

Posted , 5 users are following.

so for the last year ive had severe shortness of breath so severe im unable to function in life.. i have to gasp for a deep satisfying breath once every 30-60 with no breaks at all throughout the day i can't work exercise walk around stores barely can take care of myself.. ive been to a pulmonologist 3 times ive had 3 spirometry test in 2018 and 1 pulmonary function test, ive been to the emergency room 10-15 times due to it because i feel like im dying ive had 3 ct scans of the chest and about 10+ chest xrays, ive had 10+ ekg, 10+ blood test, ive had advanced blood testing, urinalysis, ive been to a ent and had a mild endoscopy down the nose to view the throat all these test have came back negative the doctors cannot find out what is wrong with me they are finding nothing.. throughout the last ten years of my life ive had severe constipation and bloating it gets so bad i lose my appetite and sometimes itll go away a few days and ill use the bathroom multiple times a day also every time i eat the shortness of breath gets worse so needless to say im afraid something is badly wrong... but anyways i recently seen a gastroenterologist regarding the stomach issues and he scheduled a colonoscopy and a endoscopy but i am absolutely terrified of being put to sleep while ive got this severe shortness of breath what do yall think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure about the shortness of breath, but until recently, I'd had constipation for most of my life. What is your diet like? Do you drink any probiotics or fermented drinks? How much water/hydrational fluid do you drink a day? Can you give an example of your food and drink for a day or two?

• Posted

Hi there,

firstly I am going to say you can have both the endoscopy and colonoscopy without anaesthetic. I had the colonoscopy without and it isn't painful really? being fearful is expected but try not to worry. I also knew someone who was very worried on the day and she was having an endoscopy and had that without anaesthetic. I gave her a hug afterwards (I am not usually a hugger) because she had been really scared beforehand. Could you ask about local anaesthetic as an option?

My next comment is about the link between the breathing and stomach issues. My niece is currently undergoing tests and the doctor has suggested Crones disease due to mouth ulcers and the bloating and pain. I was looking on the web yesterday and I read something about trouble breathing and stomach problems but I am so sorry I can't remember the name of the condition as I was scim reading!

I used to have issues with my heart when I ate late and would be very gassy. The stomach would be pressing on my heart and would set off palpitations. I stopped eating late. The issue was reduced.

I don't eat milk or wheat and bloating is much less too. Has any one suggested a dietician?

Beverley

• Posted

Have you been checked for parasites? Air hunger is a symptom of parasite infection

• Posted

You did not mention if you had any radiology scans or if a portable oxygen tank was recommended when you feel the need for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.