Mystery bruising?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is this another lovely peri symptom? In the shower this morning, I noticed a number of bruises on my legs and I have no recollection of bumping into anything. I have a cluster of them on the outside of right knee and some sporadic ones on both thighs, both on the inside and outside. None of them are awful looking and they don't hurt, but they're definitely bruises.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi tebrown, yep...I get lots of little ones on my shins and knees. I am very off balanced and bang into things...I don't remember banging into. I bruise easily...I am not anemic...just sensitive.

• Posted

I know this is going to sound strange, but I know you will all understand. If I bump or scratch my left lower arm I will get these huge purple spots! And yes, it's only on my left arm. So weird.

Maybe your iron levels are a bit low?

• Posted

Yes! Ironically enough, I just had the same thing last month. I saw a very large ugly bruise on my hip and then also saw two on the back of my calf up near my knee and I have NO recollection of bumping into anything. It was concerning so I have been taking notice now of my skin to see if any others mysteriously appear.

I do know women tend to bruise more easily as they age. Thinning skin contributes to this and without estrogen skin loses collagen....ugh.

• Posted

I had this in the summer, I was quite shocked as I had on on my shin and upper thigh and they were big and I had no recollection of hitting anything and I am not an easy bruiser. I still to this day have no idea what caused them. I think for some reason or another we all have become so much more self aware of our body then we ever have been before and ever new thing on our body is becoming a worry. I have not had bruising since, so I blame it was summer and I am more active.

• Posted

yes, lots of bruising, really bad ones too. i work in a shop and because i have lost my concentration and sometimes feel dizzy i keep banging myself on things. However, as my memory is affected, I don't remember till I am in the shower and see bruises on my hip etc...!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.