mystery condition need inputs

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been struggling with this for a very long time. I am new here and not sure if this is the right group for it so if there's a better one please let me know.

What seems to be happening with my body, is that every time when a storm about to move into the area, my body feels it is being repressed in such a way that things are just not circulating correctly. Results are low energy, foggy brain, bad digestion, joint issues etc. And when the storm moves out of the area, the body slowly recovers, but somehow damaged by the episode.

This is much worse during the winter season when the temperature is low, in which case the body almost never recovers.

What kind of illness or body condition could be causing this? What could I do for it, if anything?

I'll be happy to provide additional details if anyone is interested. Thank you,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This happens to many people and one line of thought is that it is indeed the effect of the pressure within the weather system that is causing you to have symptoms. During the Winter months the low temperature and also the low light level can cause SAD......seasonal adjustment disorder.   For some this is completely debilitating and they find it hard to cope,while others just feel a bit "down".      Its completely normal and if you were an animal you would probably hibernate or at least sleep more than normal. Animals are often affected by storms and go quiet until it has passed.

Unhappily,humans cant give in to these feeling due to the pressure of modern life. 

Many sufferers buy a SAD light which they have on for several hours a day,whenever possible. That may be something you could try.   You are possibly a very sensitive person who notices these subtle differences in weather but it is very common,so nothing to worry about unless it is significantly affecting and worrying you. 

Its the disturbance of your natural Circadian Rhythms. 

• Posted

Well, it is significantly affecting me. It's damaging my body further every time this happens, and I have to find a way to stop it. I tried the sunlight lamp already and it had no impact. The damage from each episode stays with my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.