Mystery Illness for Months!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone! I hope this is a good forum to post this in, because I am all over the place and really want some people to weigh in.

I'm a 22 year old female, and for months, I have been experiencing a lot of health anxiety and am really a hypochondriac. This has really turned my life around, and I will give anything to get back to my normal self. I'm following up with my doctor soon, but I just cant shake the feeling that I have something going on. I've had the following symptoms:

Loss of normal appetite since end of April

Indigestion / feeling nauseous after I eat sometimes

Feeling the need to burp / something coming up and gurgling in my chest

See lots of undigested material in stool (things that look like seeds, even when I haven't eaten any, corn, parts of vegetables)

Feeling bloated after eating/ feeling full often

About once a month I will have BRIGHT green stool

Occasional loose stool / diarrhea

Other non-abdominal symptoms:

Body generally feeling tired

Frequent tension headaches

Aches and pains in muscles occasionally / muscles fatigue easily

The feeling that my muscles have been getting visibly bigger/bulkier but with no exercise

Sharp pains in various areas of abdomen (sometimes upper right, more recently has been lower)

Dull pains sometimes in areas of lower back

Sweating more than normal, especially at night, and hot flashes

Waking up shaking at night occasionally / feeling like I'm vibrating

Persistent congestion and cough (getting better)

I have been seen by several doctors, have had all normal physical exams, no fevers, normal brain MRI. I am particularly scared for something like cancer, either a blood cancer, or something like ovarian cancer or another abdominal cancer. I've had all normal CBC results:

Lymphocytes 2.2

Monocytes 0.4

Platelets 195

RBC 4.69

WBC 5.8

TSH 1.96

If anyone could please weigh in, that would be great! When I go back to the doctor, I think I will ask her to do a stool sample and urinalysis, and see if she wants a CT or something of abdomen and pelvis, that would definitely see if there's anything blatantly wrong.

Is it also possible this could all be chalked up to anxiety? Although I don't feel anxious on a daily basis, it's kind of taken over my life. 

Thank you smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms could be caused by any number of things.  Some sound like IBS which is aggravated by stress.  You will need to get the tests you have mentioned along with an endoscopy and colonoscopy.  If these are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.
  • Posted

Hi Green stool only means it passed through your intestines to quick and the bile. Didn't have time to break it down,so no need to worry about that. You may have acid reflux,some of your symptoms sound like that. Make sure you get checked out by the dr. Good luck with everything.

• Posted

Well, 'blood' cancer is ruled out

(pls always add the units to the numbers!!,

different countries use different units!, hence a number can look pathologic and is normal or looks normal and can be pathologic. Please add the untis).

If there were abnormal white blood cells in your sample, it would have shown up, a machine can't count them and sample needs a manual check up: very obvious under the microscope.

Has your stool be tested for parasites?

• Posted

I agree, sound like IBS. And with your added stress of worrying about it, is not making yourself any better. Contact doctor with the list you have detailed above and I assume he should be grateful and more able to have a choice on what's next for diagnosis

• Posted

Ve had similar symptoms since coming off Venlafaxine (antidepressant). I fact almost identical to yourself.

Obe hypothesis I have is low stomach acid, probably cause by the insane stress and anxiety I've had over the past few months of pills, side effects and my reaction to them (becoming more anxious).

I managed to quell the internal vibration by g the core. It would come back but I recently goy adjusted by a chiro as u had also suspected my atlas bone was out of alignment (which it was). Since then no more internal vibration.

I'm still left with the other problems which are at their extreme worst if I eat anything with sugar in it.

Ive had blood tests too, all normal. Awaiting g results of glandularr fever, Lyme disease and thyroid blood tests though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.