Mystery illness - possibly triggered by anxiety / life shock

Posted , 6 users are following.

Trying to work out what can be wrong with me from a chain of symptoms that have changed allot over 10 months 

Possibly bought on by life shock / trauma / point in my life - after which....  

October 2017 

Rash on legs - for two weeks then gone 

Light head 

Overwelmed 

Fatigue 

October to now : 

Coming and going of light head / fatigue / tingling hands and arms ( pins needles ) 

Back of neck numb / jabbing one  off pains in random parts of body / pain in day shoulder for one day then gone then could be another place like leg , another day 

Stomoch squelching allot 

Constant flem 

July 18 - left lung then right lung then both hurting for four or more weeks 

Flue aching for a few days then not then again then not ( no temperature ) 

Lungs get better but still feel them . Then stomach bloat - in middle night - lasts for few hours . Possibly been helped by changing diet - and gavisvon 

Throat can close up - hard to swallow 

Pins and needles come and go in hands 

Tests done : 

Blood test : normal 

Blood count : normal

Blood pressure test : not bad ( always slightly high ) 

Lung X-ray - normal ( showed signs of partial collapsed lung I had 20 years ago ) 

Doctors inclined to say all anxiety and possibly some is or was but there is more to it I'm sure . 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

have you tried allergy medication? Allergies caused me breathing problems, rashes, also lead to sinus infection. Doctor put me on singular and my shortness of breath went away and helped me feel better overall. Also try probiotics or activity for a few weeks. You will be amazed at how much probiotics improve your health
    • Posted

Activia not activity lol. Stupid auto correct
    • Posted

I'm pretty certain it's not an allergy 

whivh would give one or steady symtoms the same 

• Posted

Hi James,

I can completely relate to, although I don’t share all of your symptoms.

Aches and Pains coming and going randomly for example, as soon as I turned sixty I seemed to develop aches and pains that I just couldn’t explain. 

Pins and needles in your hands......    

could that be associated with anything bothering your neck?? A trapped nerve maybe?? 

You don’t mention your age,  or the  trauma you went through which has possibly triggered your symptoms. 

Is your pain bad enough for you to take painkillers

Is the shoulder pain in both or just one shoulder?

Whether it’s the left or right shoulder can indicate different things (e g right shoulder pain can indicate gall bladder problems)

Do you think all your problems are due to anxiety?? Personally, I think it’s too easy to put everything down to worry but it is very true that worry doesn’t help of course. 

Keep going back to the Doctors until you’re completely satisfied everything has been checked out.

Not that long ago I was in agony with burning pain in my  left side and I was worried sick about what it could be, but when I stopped lifting my little Grandson it gradually subsided. 

Good luck and Take care. 

• Posted

ask to be tested for autoimmune (Total Blood Pattern) will show what if any autoimmune you have. I have Sjogrens and got  random shooting pains in shoulders, nerve pains in feet and palms, swollen tendons ,joints dry severe eyes , mouth, skin ..all dues to sjogrens.
  • Posted

From what I have learned a trapped nerve would give symptoms in one place - not all over as I have 

i belive trauma triggers illness that otherwise may have not come out 

illness as in a desiese etc 

i have had had blood tests and blood count - all clear 

I'm now going for another ecg and checking acid / stomoch wgivh might be related or not :-) it's a case of persistence 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.