Mystery Pain and Pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I have been having severe pain and pressure on my sides under the ribs radiating towards back. I also have upper abdominal discomfort around my rib area and it feels like something is eating my insides around my ribs. I have alot of gas build up, sometimes after I eat food comes back up. I am constipated and can not use the restroom fully without regular laxative use.  I had a ct scan, ultrasound, mri of my spine, done and almost every test in the book done and they say nothing is wrong with me. They look at me like I am making this all up but I am miserable I can't live like this every day. It does not get worse after eating certain types of food or I haven;t noticed. I was having sharp pains on  my right side radiating towards the upper part of my stomach towards my ribs. The best way to describe  the pain is sometimes it is sharp random pains but it is usually just an intense, gnawing pain that feels like my insides are just eating themselves. Gallbladder showed nothing on ct scan and ultrasound. I've had every blood test in the book they all show nothing. No inflammation in my blood either. I eat mostly healthy, salads, veggies, chicken ect. stopped drinking alcohol except a glass of wine like once a week,  I've been to ER 3 times they can't  do anything for me. They say I am constipated with severe gas but after they told me to drink an entire bottle of milk of magnesia to clear me in the beginning of March. The pressure turned to pains. I can not live like this every day. I have an endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled for Tuesday but that will probably show nothing.  I feel crazy but I did not feel like this 4 months ago. Any advise greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In addition to your healthy salads, I'd recommend you also try taking real aloe vera juice/gel regularly. It's very good for a healthy GI tract.

• Posted

I had everything you did describing I was being treaded like a hypochondriac get checked for bacteria in the stomach I had hpolory it took a year for the doctors to figure that out. Hope you get well soon best of luck 
  • Posted

Ask for a HIDA scan to check how your gallbladder is working. The other possibility coulfd be gastritis which would show up on endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.