Mystery pain between bicep and triceps 3 inch above inside elbow

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

when i wrestle or lift weights i get an excruciating dull ache up and down my arm and it radiates from the point shown on the picture (the ring on the right, the dot on the left is my inner elbow bone for reference). ive been told maybe golfers elbow however the pain doesnt come from below the elbow. the pain goes away in maybe ten minutes but only if i stop my activity. any suggestions will be great thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

also would like to add the pain comes from inbetween the bicep and tricep

• Posted

Sounds like tricep tendonitis. REPETITIVE STRESS INJURIES are common with lifters. Pain at the insertional part of the tendon can radiate above the elbow area.

Could also be a strain of the bicep muscle.

REGARDLESS, treatment rest, icing, anti-inflammatory meds. If you push through the pain youll only suffer more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.