Mystery spots on my son for 3rd year in a row

Posted , 2 users are following.

My son is 7 years old and for the past three years he gets random welts on his bottom half of his body. They start out small and get larger, harder and hot. A fever always accompanies them. They usually last a week or two. Eventually they bruise out and disappear. They never come to a head. This only happens around the same time of year when it usually starts to warm up outside. First year mid February. Second year mid March and this year mid April.  No doctor has been able to tell us what this is and he has been to several. Has anyone had anything similar happen? The only thing I can think of is something that might be blooming and his body reacting to it. We have different autoimmune diseases that run in my family.  Thank you for any advice in advance. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Alas, I can't give you any advice, but I can share a similar continually occurring random event.  I have a recurring blister on my right arm that begins as a tiny spot which slowly expands over the course of a few hours, growing to a bit more than 1/4 inch wide, and symmetrically round.  I never know when it might emerge, only because it itches do I know its appeared.  After an hour or so it recedes.  It appears unannounced numerousl times a year and always in the same location.  My doctor tells me its an auto-immune reaction, but to what, she knows not!  I also have various allergies and auto-immune issues.  Auto-immune is usually the tag doctors put on whatever they can't explain logically!  I was diagnosed with Temporal Artiritis for which I took Prednisone for 19 months.  An auto-immune problem.  Good luck discovering you son's problem---it sounds very annoying.  Stress is often

a trigger for auto-immune problems, might he feel some stress from school?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.