NAFLD and liver enzymes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a few autoimmune issues and my liver enzymes had been hovering at ALP 119, AST 79 and ALT 132. Albumin and bilarubin normal to low. My doctor ordered ultrasound and said I had mild fatty liver. Four weeks later my enzymes are ALP 145, AST 257, ALT 299. Is this normal for NAFLD? Do your enzymes just keep climbing or should I advocate for my doctor to run other tests. Thanks for your help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What are you doing to overcome faty liver, my friends hubby had the same  fatty liver and he had o change his diet, just speak to your doctor ad if you are not happy go for another opinion, By chaning your diet you should be able to overcome fatty liver, because he did, Good luck and keep us posted
  • Posted

What does NAFLD stand for? I have worked out fatty liver disease, but what about the NA?

• Posted

I am watching what I eat and have lost 20 lbs. With 20 more to go. I just didn't know if your liver enzymes continue to increase with fatty liver or not. I would have thought they stayed the same or decreased as you lost weight. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.