nail disease improved, joint flares increased

Posted , 2 users are following.

Do others with enthesitis/nail disease experience improvement of, say, nail disease, at the same time as joint flares increase? I am wondering if the joint issues are something new and unrelated. Though my symptoms of hard, red, initially painful bumps near some joints (mostly thumb ip) seem to be typical for PsA as explained by rheumatologist. Is this mixed up response a common thing? I thought it would be more all for one and one for all, so to speak.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not that I've noticed! But I also have osteoarthritis as witnessed by my herberdens nodes on my fingers (bumps on the top of the last finger joints) Dont think that's what you mean though. Finger joints swell, deform/fuse and then stay quiescent but give rise to chronic pain....enter gabepentin!    

• Posted

Cant spell! Heberdens - no extra r!
    • Posted

I knew exactly what you meant! I had been wondering if I might have my first ever Heberden's nodule - didn't know I had osteoarthritis. But that seems most likely, as my nail disease and other enthesitis symptoms seem to be controlled pretty well. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.