Nail ridges - horizontal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I’ve noticed over the last few months that I’ve got horizontal ridges on my toenails. I used to have smooth nails but now I have vertical ridges which at 37 I put down to age. I’ve got waves of horizontal ones also which I’m concerned about. I’m trying to add a photo so people can see what I mean but I’m not sure how to post it

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have them on my toe nail too

Possibly nothing, just aging.

• Posted

One reason could be dietary. If you have a low intake of protein, calcium, zinc or vitamin A, it can cause the vertical ridges. Age is also a possible factor but at 37, I dont think it will be that. My nan started getting them at about 55.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.