Nalmafene / selincro. Can you cut pill in half?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all...

I am about to start on TSM using selincro.

I am a little worried about side effects and thought about cutting the pill in half.

Can I do that? I read that it can cause skin irritation, which I am not worried about. However, I am kinda scared that it will cause irritation in my throat. That would be a little anxiety provoking.

So basically, can I cut my selincro pill in half?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Never let fear control your attempt to control AUD. SEEK OUT treatment classes to help those who have been thru this to help get your head in the right place. Remember the alcohol has trained your brain and its takes time to undo all the AUD triggers .

the meds used for AUD has been shown to be highly effective in helping people to moderate their drinking or to quit when it is used according to the Sinclair method also known as pharmaceutical extinction.

IN many cases its ok to cut a pill in half... be aware that the next treatment for this will have given you a better understanding how this all works. Be sure to study this process will help answer a lot of questions and have less fear and a calming effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.