Naltrexone

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi feeling desperate any one know where to buy naltroxene

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've been trying for a long time to get it makes me so angry I couldn't handle Nalmafene too many sides effects but it may work for you, easier to get off GP.

• Posted

All medication for treating alcohol dependency (including naltrexone) are prescription-only in the UK, so you need either an NHS doctor or a Private doctor to assess you and see if they would be a) suitable for you and b) not have an issue with any existing medications that you may be taking.

They cant' just be 'bought' without a prescription first.

Have you spoken to any doctors about getting assessed to see if they are suitable for you yet?

• Posted

I went to an alcohol counselor who specializes in the Sinclair method. He told me that if my doc wouldn’t give it to me he would find me a doc that would. From what he says and what my doc says is that it’s pretty innocuous. I’m on 50mg amd have had no side effects but that’s just me. My drinking has decreased greatly!!! Used to drink morning, noon, night. Even in my car. It’s helped me so much. I’m in the US. It’s coved under my insurance so it’s onky like 10.00/month. Can you contact a counselor (psychologist) and have them recommend a doc that is open to this? I don’t know how medicine works over there.

Michelle

• Posted

Hi I haven't spoken to my doc yet,I see her every 3 weeksish because of other health issues. Every time I bottle it ,I guess I'm just putting it off and wanted to see if I could try it. I know there have been others who have got it abroad

• Posted

Yes, others have got it abroad, Bikerjools, but you SHOULD speak to your doctor.

Firstly, because you have other, complex, issues that you have mentioned on this forum that MIGHT be made worse by taking a medication that blocks reward reinforcement. 

Secondly, you need to check if it is suitable with any other medicines you are on.

Thirdly, starting naltrexone and then stopping because you can't get a continued prescription for it can actually make your drinking issues worse.

Please, trust me on this.  You NEED to check out if this treatment is suitable for YOU.

• Posted

So true. If you don’t take your meds for a while the cravings become much worse. If you are going to be on it (if it’s the right med for you) you may have to stay on it forever. Watch “one little pill”. It’s a great documentary.
    • Posted

Hi I've watched the documentary it is good ,I'm just worried doc won't know about it,she is very supportive but we are a bit behind in lovely n Wales

• Posted

Speak to your doctor bikerjools like the others advise and go armed with some I formation to enlighten her if she is unaware of the method.It will be a great step forward for you.

Good luck

• Posted

No i live in USA and i constantly thought about time and alcohol “3 hrs and I can buy beer, 7:45 and 15 minutes till I can buy beer” naldextrone put the constant urge out of my head but I am not gonna lie and say I quit drinking. It justs helps with the constant thoughts of it. But I can go 3 or 4 days without thinking of I need a beer. But I have begged for Antabuse to no avail so this is my info on the take

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.