Naltrexone interactions

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been using Kudzu to stop my cravings for alchohal and although it has helped I still sometimes drink and when I do I binge. I will be using naltrexone for these times. I also go to meetings. Do I have to worry about any interactions between Kudzu and Naltrexone?

My dictir knows nothing about Kudzu.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John!

Can you please post this again, on the Alcohol Forum.

That's where everyone who has the answers you need hang out.

You'll get loads of replies, I promise. You're just in slightly the wrong place on the website.

love Tess xxx

• Posted

Kudzu claims to help not only with AUD, but several other conditions. I took it for psoriasis and it did help a bit.

am surprised with your dr's attitude. I understand him/her cant be expected to know of every herbal remedy, but a quick Google would have shown its not suitable for people with liver disease. I'm not saying you've got liver disease.

i agree with Tess about posting on the alcohol consumption forum. You will get far more help and advice there

• Posted

Thank you both will do
  • Posted

I am on naltrexone for alcohol problems. Do not take cocodomol, codeine anything opiate based. I accidently did and felt sick, headaches for days, even though I wasn't drinking. 

Will post later as I've got to be somewhere. I googled kadzu, there have been discussions about it on alcohol forum in the past, but very mixed views. So can't help you there.

Catch up later.

• Posted

Good luck John and I hope you find all the right information.

It really makes all the difference having a good dr who cares about what you're dealing with and is knowledgable in the field of drugs and alcohol and recovery.

I've never had alcohol problems myself, I suffer from heroin and cannabis addiction. But I have friends who became alcoholics and jumped on Naltrexone.

It was a bumpy and harsh ride. And everyone is different.

You have my upmost respect, love and sympathy because if anything alcohol is one of the hardest toxins to come off. But it's very possible my friend.

Good idea to go into the alcohol forum but do keep us posted on your recovery smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.