Naltrexone - permanently blocked receptors?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it possible for Naltrexone to permanently block receptors?

I havent taken any for 3 months and its still blocking

pretty worried right now

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask why you're worried? Are u worried you'll not be able to get high again? Or is it something else?

• Posted

Just noticed it's a 6month old question...

• Posted

its still blocking....im worried because if/when i need surgery ill have nothing to relieve pain?

also i have spoke to doctors and pharmacists who have all said it is IMPOSSIBLE to permanently blocks receptors

• Posted

Hey Corey,

Did your receptors ever get unblocked? It's been about 6 months for me and doctors and pharmacists have said the same to me.

• Posted

no its still blocking! its crazy, its been a year since i took naltrexone. what about you? also how do you know your receptors are still blocked?

do you think we've got permanent damage or something?

• Posted

Sorry just seen this. What are your symptoms? A year does seem like a l ong time.
    • Posted

apart from blocking opiates, i also have blunted orgasm, as in no pleasure (sorry to be graphic)

a doctor told me that naltrexone can block pleasure in other areas, hence my symptoms

what symptoms do you have?

there has never been a case of someone having permanently blocked receptors though

• Posted

Your opioid receptors will be there. .however ex addicts need to inform the surgeon prior to surgery as they will need to give you a different dosage based on your prior naltrexone dose and previous opiate addiction. It's quite technical but the anethatists know their stuff

• Posted

thank you for the info but i have a couple questions

1 i've been told naltrexone cannot block receptors, but do you think its actually happened to me? i think im 1 in a million

2 after surgery(if i need one) will pain relief work? the thought of nothing working scares me to death

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.