name of tablet GP can prescribe

Posted , 4 users are following.

really need to stop drinking i am having blackout's an soiling myself i need medication and can it be bought over the internet please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

angela look up antibuse . It's a pill for to stop drinking. I would recommend trying to get out to aa or celebrate recovery and ask for a sponsor.Try to take the first step on getting in the door.

• Edited

congrats on accepting and facing up to this problem medication can only help in the short term I speak from experience of sixteen years of working with people in trouble through drink and drugs I myself have been in recovery nearly thirty six years, but still remember the kind of problems you mention In AA you will make friends with people who've been through it themselves AA enables you to look at underlying issues and will greatly help you towards long-term recovery VERY BEST WISHES.

• Posted

should have added that there are potentially very serious consequences to taking drugs like Antabuse and then drinking on top (as some people do out of desperation) You'd be wise to seek medical advice before taking meds. Feel free to pm me if that would help. Clive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.