Nanometre 9 days ago LPR symptoms much worse after

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks, I have had all the tests now. I was unphased by the gastroscopy, the bravo implant etc but the manometry had actually bothered me. As you swallow you can feel the LOS closing on the pressure sensor it's unpleasant but bearable. Do this 20 times and then the nurse whips the tube out so fast it'd hive you rope burns in your throat and nose... really unpleasant.

I wasn't surprised the nostril they went through and throat were sore afterwards. But the throat and roof of mouth are getting more sore and a bit if a change in bowel habit (rather more urgent in the morning). I think my nightie LPR has gone from very mild to raging exactly coinciding with the procedure. Any ideas why or any similar experiences? Would appreciate comments especially if you had the same outcome Nd figured out how to make things settle again. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Manometry not nanometre! !!!! Spellchecker unhelpful sometimes
  • Posted

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Although not pleasant my own pH manometry 8 years ago was reasonably tolerable. I didn't have the Bravo capsule implanted but had a wire leading out of my nose to the recorder for 24 hours. Whilst it was in place, swallowing felt as if i had a sore throat but there were no after effects.

The manometry and pH recording did show I was an eligible candidiate for a fundoplication to reduce my reflux.

• Posted

Hi and thanks. It's been the aftermath that's been the issue rather than the procedure. Quite puzzled. Meanwhile still researching the surgical options. ......
    • Posted

Hi Barretts,

I have followed many of your posts, you are very knowledgable and your website 'Down with acid' has helped me enormously so thank you and well done!

However, my symptoms still persist and I am sick and tired of it all.  I have had all the usual tests including endoscopy - the last one showed some inflammation and possible barretts but 6 weeks down the line I am still waiting for the results of this.  Two ph manometries showed NO acid! I did not tolerate this test very well and had terrible pain in my nose, I could not believe there was no acid!  If its not acid what is causing all this pain in my chest and back.  I am at my wits end and feel as though I am running out of options and just don't know which way to turn.

Best wishes,

Lynne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.