Nappy rash cream helps

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies, I wanted to report that I am getting some comfort and relief from an old fashioned baby nappy rash cream called Drapoline.  It’s something my Mum used to use on me as a baby and I had it for my babies. It is also very good for minor burns when cooking maybe, etc.  It contains lanoline which may not suit everyone but it is so soothing for me.  It isn't easy to get anymore sadly, except online.  Hope it may help some of you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I saw this on one of the days I was having problems so might try it. I got estriol cream from my doctor and it has helped a bit but not totally so after reading other posts I bought a moisturiser called YES VM which is recommended and can be used in between estriol cream(so it said) anyway I only used the moisturiser twice, last night being the second time and won't use it again. Last night it made me feel like I did before I started using estriol cream - as if I had a UTI and I was up for bathroom trips five times. It obviously doesn't agree with me. It felt awful. Not so bad again now.  Is that how you felt before using the nappy cream. 

What a pest this is. 

• Posted

Hi I’ve used Yes too and coconut oil, vit E, and this and that etc etc and just about all the over the counter ones..  Phew!

Yes, did not upset me as it has you but somehow it didn’t feel right. Wrong smell down there too afterwards. I too use Estriol cream and that has certainly helped a lot although sometimes that stings and I’m not sure about it.  I’m just using it once a week now but the nappy rash cream every day has just been brilliant!  Whatever it has in it takes away the burning and redness feeling and just seems to moisturise me lovely.  No nasty smell with it.  I know that the hormone cream is helping with some of this but I’m sure the nappy cream does too.

So worth a try if you can get it.  Do hope it helps for you.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.