Narrow angle-glaucoma

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday, my opthalmologist said he detect narrow angle but don't have glaucoma.  I'm planning  to have a cataract surgery in Feb to get rid off my glasses and he said, that surgery eill tske care of narrow angke-glaucoma.  My question is, should I wait until Feb to have the caract surgery or in Oct which I have 12 days off from work?  I do have concern about this because if the acite attack happens suddenly, I will lose my eye sight. Even though my doctor said I don't need to worry because I don't have it but am very nervous and donwant to wait... for any input, I would appreciate- thank you!

Lisa

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lisa

If you can have  cataract surgery sooner don't hesitate. After surgery you can have

laser treatment to prevent glaucoma. I've had both procedures  and my eyesight has

really improved. Now I can drive without glasses. It's hard not to be fearful of eye

surgery but stay strong. You'll be fine.  Alpine

• Posted

Hi Lisa, always listen to your consultant , they have a lot more knowledge and experience in what is happening with your eye , each of us should be treat as an individual case and nothing is routine, says someone who had routine surgery 10 yrs ago , also you may have to use your glasses after surgery but I so hope you don't. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.