Narrow Mind

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am newbie here and would like to share my inner state of mind that i have been surviving since 2013. I had a perfect life. Magnificent job which i really used to enjoy a lot. Had lots of friends and happy family. My ex boyfriend was so generous and kind and tottaly in love with me. In other words i had everything that one girl might wish for. Somehow everything changed suddenly and i started being so selfish and appsurd about everything in my life. I started waking up with so cold emotions and barely talked to anyone. As years passed i started loosing everything and everyone. I lost my boyfriend, quite job and i stayed almost without any friend because they all got married and have no time to listen to my arrogant conversations. Somehow i still have the same emotions but before i go to sleep i feel really, really sorry about it. Any advice would be of great help

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Change yr attitude and be nice to people. Easier said than done though. People don't like arrogant people, so you shld try and change yr ways. That's all I can advise you.

D

• Posted

Hi joana

It sounds to me that your change in emotions and personality (especially not wanting to to talk to anyone) was maybe the onset of depression/other mental health illness. This changes the way we think and act towards others. Have you discussed your change of emotions with your gp?

Why do you refer to yourself as being selfish or having arrogant conversations? If your personality has changed significantly I would honesty suggest visiting the doctor and explaining how you feel and the impact this is having on you. Sometimes we can lose our happy selves with an underlying illness that can be addressed and cured with the right approach/direction.

Hugs and blessings to you

Lorraine xx

• Posted

I think you need to see a counsellor or psychiatrist to understnad what went wrong and triggered this change in attitude. Until you find the answer to that, I don't think you'll find a solution to your problems.

A visit to your GP should be your first port of call, if they are no good, then change GP, that is what they are there for.

Deborah, your answer wasn't helpful, people come to this site for help, not criticism. There is obviously a trigger which changed this person.

• Posted

Yes,well said, try getting your hormones checked, thyroid, vitamin levels, did you start a new contraception at the time things changed? Cos I'm wondering if this is what happened to me?? I dont know but do go to your gp sweet heart.

Xx

• Posted

Yes I was a bit rash in my comment. I shld have thought abt what I wrote. I hope joana can get help and get back to her old self.

• Posted

Hi Joana,

In my humble experience, truly selfish and arrogant people don't have an awareness of their affect on other people - they are so caught up in their own little world. Yes, we are all self-centred to a certain extent (call it the natural survival instinct) but self-awareness is a different matter. You realise the impact you have and you care about the consequences so this tells me that you are a sensitive and intelligent young lady. As others have advised, seek some professional help to understand what's going on and what's making you tick. I realise that your life has changed dramatically but it's not too late to seek help now and get yourself back on the right track. You can have good things in your life again so don't give up hope. My life is full of regret for things i wish I'd done differently but there is still hope for the future because I realise my past doesn't have to dictate my future. Good luck! You will find lots of support and fellow searchers on this forum.

Digsby xx

• Posted

Get a grip and get a hobby.. You need to get yourself - choose your focus...
    • Posted

Oh look, another samaritan with a helpful reply.
    • Posted

I agree some responses I've seen on this chat have been far from compassionate or helpful. In fact it could deter new members from joining a discussion or reaching out for support.

Xx

• Posted

Well, after being through the waiting-lists and what else crap they try to give you for quite some time.. I feel one has to fix oneself while standing in the waiting for support.. so, sorry if I sounded harsh.. but it could be a good thing not to pussyfoot around. I do, however, have full understanding that there are times - sometimes months and sometimes years - when there is nothing else one can bring oneself to do. Yet, getting overly obsessed by yourself never helps. One has to find ones own balance and the only way (I think) to do so is to step out of oneself.

You see.. every person (including me) writing about their pain and frustration is painting one picture. That picture is seen by others, yet it is only a few pixels of what the picture was meant to be seen as...

• Posted

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Ever heard that phrase?

• Posted

Be kind to yourself! It sounds as though you are beating yourself up about something and no one should do that. Ask for some help from your GP (but don't be fobbed off with a prescription). If you are brave and willing, counselling can be really really helpful. Take care.
  • Posted

Dear Joana!  It sounds like you have been going through some major personal issues since 2013.  I'm so sorry you are feeling this way and even more sorry for some of the rude comments you have received in this forum. Did something happen in your life to make you change in 2013?  There may be some triggers that caused you to change in personality so drastically.  

I have been diagnosed as having Bipolar Disorder 1 and I'm currently on medication that appears to be working well, I also see a therapist every two weeks for my bipolar, depression and PTSD.  Your situation sounds eerily similar to what I went through last year.  I went totally out of character, became selfish, I didn't care about anyone or anything, quit my job, had an affair ect...it almost destroyed my life.  I am now on the road to recovery.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step.  Go to your doctor, find a good therapist, and tell them everything.  I hope you feel better about yourself and get the help you need!  Good luck and god bless! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.