Narrow vagina opening please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have been diagnosed with LS and have been suffering since a young girl but only recently diagnosed as dr thought I just suffered from thrush but as a result I have no inner labia and my vagina opening has shrunk I am unable to have sex!!!!

I feel right now my life is over. The LS is being treated and seems to be working although its still very sensitive.

Has anyone got the same problem and if so do you know if anything can be done. Its not as simple as trying to stretch is again the skin is so tight the Dr is talking of maybe having to operate on it to widen it.

Has anyone gone through this. I feel that if I don't get this fixed my relationship will be over and i really want a normal sex life and children.

Please help as I feel like a freak and I am destined to live a life of misery. Thank you xxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jen,

I also had LS as a child and all my 62 years, but with no diagnosis until this year. It explains so much of my life! I always needed a lot of lubricant and I've had tears in my perineum forever. I was always pretty sore after sex and just thought that was normal. I had two kids in my early thirties, both with episiotomies.

If you're still young, you're lucky to have been diagnosed. If the doctor thinks surgery will fix you up, it doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me.

On the other hand, life without sex – seven years of my fifties, by choice and even Buddhist vow; and now with a man who doesn't mind – doesn't constitute misery. For me it's a relief.

I wish you the best possible outcome.

• Posted

Dear Jen - poor you how I feel for you- men do need some physicality in their lives. I agree with Morrell, surgery seems like a Good Idea if you want children and a more or less normal sex life-( for years before i was diagnosed I found my husbands sperm did burn tho). I imagine that a C section would be offered for the birth -I had x 2, 45+ years ago. One of the girls in the LS support group in Birmingham, attached to the QE2 hospital, had surgery and there was an improvement. You ARE NOT a freak - just unfortunate! There is no reason to believe that your life will be miserable, If you look up the LS support group site you may find a group near you and there are sexual consultants that can help - when I attended the Birmingham LS group a few years ago the sex counsellor was extremely helpful - and even arranged a sex toy party and a visit to Ann Summers so that one didnt feel embarrassed. i suggested my GP and my consultant give any other sufferers an invitation to join the group- i moved away from the area so dont know the outcome. the group was all ages from teens to pensioners like me
  • Posted

Yes, I had the surgery and it was brilliant. Please don't worry , it is really very minor Day case surgery, and afterwards I use a vaginal dilator regularly to ensure the scarring doesn't recur. In fact my sex life is now better than it ever was as I am more confident . I had developed tightening where I had had episiotomies years before and without realising I had LS, as I had no itching. Now I have no pain and always use lots of lubrication but am postmenopausal. Sex is just as important for you as it is for your partner, and it's amazing how much it improves your quality of life and mental health. The YES range of lubricants are great, and you can get the dilators on line (Femmax).
  • Posted

Thank you for all your advice. I have an appt on wednesday to discuss this further I just want to be normal again.

I will look up the LS support groups and see if I can find one in my area.

Thanks Heather you have eased my mind about going for the op if thats what they confirm on Wednesday.

xx

• Posted

Good Luck Jen

best wishes for Wednesday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.