Nasal Cauterisation

Posted , 2 users are following.

It`s no use going to the emergency room at our local hospital because, if the nose isn`t bleeding, they won`t touch it so you sit there like a lemon for 3-4 hours holding a bowl. Having arrived by taxi as driving is impossible, how many taxi drivers would refuse to pick you up when your nose is bleeding? Not many. So it is a vicious circle.... In 2011 I had a bleed that would not stop but I managed to convince the hospital I needed something to help. I ended up in hospital for 6 days with a pack up my nose - something I would NOT recommend as the thing expands and twists your nose around in distortion. Then they have to get it out....

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.