Nasal congestion on Escitalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. I've been on lexapro 10 mg for 5 weeks now.

It works great for me but I have constant nasal congestion. I can't sleep well because of this and it effects my mood too.

Did any of you experienced this side effect ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I indeed have and did not in the past. just like one year ago i started developing this intense headache whenever i took the pill like a strong sinus pressure pain in the nose and through sinus cavities . I thought it was because of irregular use because i really did not take them regularly but even when i started taking them again regularly for months the sinus pressure did not go away. it only went away if i used a benzo . that would clear it up.i am now on mirtazapine just started and see how i go or if i will have the same problem. i have no idea why this side effect is happening but for me it did not go away with neither of options on ssri class ( escitalopram, fluvoxamine etc). i am really hopeful for my new medication hope to not do the same. wish u all the best and if u have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

• Posted

i also always wonder if the real sinus issues that i actually have play a role on all this but dr dont seem to think so.i operated my sinuses 10 years ago and back then this kind if pressure was not present

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.