Nasal drip/brown and bloody mucus/boogers upon waking

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey guys,

ive had this issue for a while, maybe a month or so. i get this nasal drip and burning sensation in the back of my throat upon waking and sometimes before i go to sleep and its very uncomfortable. when i wake up, i always wake up stuffy and when i blow my nose by boogers are either brown or bloody or a mixture of both. i was thinking to maybe get a humidifier but i wanted any and all opinions in case someone has gone through this before i start spending money. just to mention as well, i can never really breathe out of both nostrils at once ive visited an ENT in the past and he said he didnt find any polyps and ordered an imaging procedure but i was never able to get it done. at this time, i do have a sore throat on only my left side but i feel it is gradually becoming sore entirely. thank you for the help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi cristian421,

i also suffer from a runny nose which is worse on activity & eating cooked meals. i wake with either one of my nasal canals a bit blocked, but they clear after i get up & move around. Yes, when i blow my nose first thing I notice blood which I believe is coming from the fragile capillaries centre of the nose. Worse on the left side. I'm on SSRI which can make you drier in mucous membranes. I'm also in menopause which can give thinner skin. I'm taking extra vitamins to help heal Vit C & Zinc in a drink. If I try not to blow the nose it doesn't tend to spontaneously bleed, but i keep getting curious & investigating with a tissue. I'm going to try a salt spray inside & vaseline around the rims. Their wad nothing abnormal on my MRI head scan, so believe it is what it is, & try to leave it alone for 10 days if I can to allow it to heal. hopefully this gives you some ideas & comfort

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.