Nasal infection for 2-3 years. Draining through gums where i had a tooth pulled. Bad smell/taste

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got this nasal infection about 2 or 3 years ago during the summer while working for a landscaping business. At first i thought it would go away in a few days but after a month or two i started wondering why it was still there. Its only in the left nostril. Sometimes i feel pressure left of center of the bridge of my nose under my left eye. Sometimes it gets completely clogged and it becomes hard to breathe. On top of all of that it has a smell/taste that would make a vulture run away. Its bad. When i first wake up its fine but around noon every single day the smell comes back, especially if im bending down a lot and doing a lot of physical movement. The mucous is pale yellow and looks kind of thick. I also had an infected tooth pulled on the back left side of my mouth and every so often i would feel and taste this gross mucousy stuff coming out of my gums where the tooth was pulled. I'm guessing that the infection in my left nostril ate away my nasal cavity until it got down to the top of my gums. The only reason why i think that is because not even 20 minutes ago my gums on the left side of my mouth had that gross mucous coming out of it again. So i decided to try and suck it all out and as soon as i did my nose cleared up. Usually the taste/smell from my nose would be slightly different from what was coming out of my gums but after i sucked enough of that stuff out of my gums i could tell it was the same as what's in my nose. That's my i'm now convinced that this nasal infection i have is most likely eating away at the tissue and connecting to the empty root cavity where my tooth used to be. IM DESPERATE. How do i get rid of this problem? It has caused me to not want to be near anyone or talk to anyone unless i have to. I don't have medical insurance so i doubt i can afford a doctor unless there's something im unaware of. This is the worst and definitely most embarrassing thing and honestly this is hard for me to write. Based on what i've said, does it seem like this problem is at the point where surgery is the only way to fix it? Is there some sort of special miracle pill i can take? A miracle spray? I say "miracle" because it will truly be a miracle when it goes away and it seems like only a miracle will rid me of this horrible problem. Someone please help. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Im almost to the point where i would give a major body part just to make it go away.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I guess you don't live in the UK or you would have been down at the doctors ages ago ( and probably got some antibiotics) You don't need a miracle- but you do need medical advice. Don't put it off any longer smile

• Posted

Feeling pressure left of center of bridge of nose under left eye, could be because of clogged tear duct, I've had that,  for sinus you should wash them out every day with saline, this will help keep them clear, steams  from a shower helps, also  eye mask warm over eyes  10 mi. three times a day helps for swelling and free up clogged sinus, from what you said  getting yellow from it sounds like infection  you need med's for that, now for the tooth infection from the sinus's or tooth can spread either way if left long enough, hope this helps and you are feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.