Nasal issues, unknown diagnosis?? Need answers!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had this non-stop issue of nasal discharge, not really a drainage, but a sticky , slimy, stringy type substance that never ends. It can be thin or thick, clear in color most times and at times, white, yellow or greenish. It worsens after eating, ( possibly from the chewing movements?) If I am at a place where I cannot manually remove or deal with this constant stuff..it sticks to the septum and nostril, then the stringy part in between turns into a dried up substance that moves around with the passage of air within the nose causing a tickle inside making me to sneeze.

The hours when I sleep is the only time I can be free from the annoyance of dealing with this...but, when I awaken I have the feeling of fine "spider web type" sensation on the outside of my nostrils and upper lip.

When I can grasp on to it and pull out on it, I sometimes have what feels like a pulling sensation on the inside membranes of my sinuses and from the inside corner of my eyes.

Please bear with me on this explanation...I have only been able to explain this substance and how it pulls by taking a piece of chicken thigh, removing the skin and seeing the mucous membrane that covers the fleshy meat. Placing a finger on the clear membrane and pulling it towards you ...you can actually see how the membrane moves at the further end of the meat. This is what goes on with the discharge, mucous inside my nose.

I've been to my PCP, who referred me to an ENT, who had me on steroids, used Nasonex spray, had a CT scan of the sinuses and a nasal endoscopy...everything negative and nothing stopped my condition.. The ENT said it must be allergies..so I had an appt with an allergist, who did testing that was Negative, no allergies and still NO HELP ...

The only nasal issues I ever had was a short period of nosebleeds, my PCP said my turbinate was inflamed and told me to use a nasal saline spray and then a year later this all started..no more nosebleeds since this started. I need for this to stop!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.