Nasal polyp disappeared !!! Solved

Posted , 5 users are following.

firstly, pardon me for my English ( my English is not so good ) ... But I will try my best to explain it with easily. My mum had a nasal polyp year ago. Like you guys, she couldn't breathe through her nose, couldn't smell either. I did whole lots of research, bought a online book of nasal polyp shrink, did medical and natural remedies , nothing happened !!! We just had a last option of nasal surgery and we were about to do that within in a week. But all of sudden her chest started to pain due to cold and I gave her a hot water steam ( by covering her head with blanket ). She smell hot water steam for 2 days and later she realised that she can smell better and breathe ... From that day she started taking a hot water steam with a half spoon of Vicks vapour rub mixing on it... After a week it was completely disappeared. Now she can breathe easily and there are no polyps at all in her nose ... These days She continuously does it thrice a week and has no problem at all. 

I just shared my personal experience on this nasal polyps to you guys  because I know  the pain and depression due to it ( which my mum had been through ) ..... Hope this will work for you guys too. But please remember that this is just my personal experience ... Please consult your doctor / physician before trying it !!! My best wish for you guys to get rid of this nasal polyp. Thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I forgot how to do it 

1. Boil a water around 1.5 Litre 

2. Put it on steel or any metallic bowl 

3. Mix half spoon of Vicks vapour rub on it 

4. Cover your head with towel or blanket 

5. Take a steam for a min  and take a Fresh breathe and do it again and again for 10 minutes. 

Warning 

- don't burn your hand 

- put some cloth under hot water bowl else it will damage your carpets or floor

- don't use electric steamer .... 

* you can get Vick vapour rub on local indian stores 

• Posted

Hi -

your message is most interesting.  I have a friend (a former nurse) who has endured TEN operations for nasal polyps.  She now controls her condition with daily inhaling.  She just uses hot water - but sometimes add Oubas Oil (very similar to Vicks Vapour Rub - basically, camphor, menthol and other oils).

Polyps are caused by changes in the membranes of the cells forming the lining of our nasal cavity.  See my other note, on the (claimed) value of high doses of Vitamin D3 in restoring the membranes to normality.  Inhaling steam increases bloodflow in the membrane - maybe that helps to restore normality too?

So I've started inhaling steam myself - with a small amount of Vicks Vapour Rub in the water.  Thus far, it does seem beneficial.  Only time will tell if it helps stop polyps forming (and in any case, I take high-does Vitamin D3 - which some claim also works - see my earlier entry)

rgds

FFord05

• Posted

Hi Aron, I am probably two years too late for you to even see this. Any update on progress if you do?

i have tried most things over the years for nasal polyps. When i was a kid (v v long time ago) mum used to get me to do this steam trick before I had tonsils and adenoids removed, but nasal polyps have long plagued me. She didn't add the Vicks even though i think it existed even then.

i started nasonex about three years ago but had to stop (complications with hormonal side-effects, developed a benign breast lump - yes us men can get them too!), but not before i'd used nasonex in the badly affected side of my nose, and less affected side too. 

Since then, I have now had a nasty new pair of polyps in the less affected nostril and now breathing through my mouth is the only option left!

I considered surgical removal but decided against till now. I tried your steam thing this morning (without vicks) but will put vicks next week in it.

Thanks for reviving a long lost memory with your post, i will post my progress or otherwise, and any update on your story would be awesome

• Posted

Gonna try this!!  I’ve tried alot of methods to clear my chronically blocked nose and nothing worked. This feeling makes me depressed and I don’t feel like myself for so long since highschool which is 3 years ago. I always feel tired, dizzy, lightheaded cant concentrate. Hopefully, Vicks could help me like how it helped with your mum’s polyps. Thanks for sharing! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.