Nasal Polyps

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone else been tormented with Nasal Polyps? I hav had them now for 40 yeas. I have them back again after 10 ya. Right now, they are at the back of my throat from my nasal area. What a nuisance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The only immediate solution is surgery; ask your GP to refer you to the ENT department of a general hospital.

Longer term, you could try taking high doses of Vitamin D3, synergised with Vitamin K2.  Some recent research suggests that the developent of polyps occurs in people who have a deficiency of Vit D3

FFord05

• Posted

Thank you, FFord. Yes, surgery is no doubt the only solution. I have had to many to count, in the 20's count for sure. I dread it when I discover them.  I have an apt with the ENT in January. I never knew about the vitamin deficiency. I most certainly will give that a try. 
  • Posted

You need 5000iu/day; Vit D3 is easy to buy off the web (and not expensive).  But do make sure that you buy from a 'known' source.

Vit K2 is used as well to balance the altered calcium distributin caused by D3.  Also easy to buy off the web

I have endured 5 nasal polypectomies

FFord05

• Posted

take a look at

http://www.aaaai.org/global/latest-research-summaries/Current-JACI-Research/cigarette-smoke-vitamin-D3.aspx

for reference about Vitamin D3 and nasal polyps.  There are other papers around as well.

FFord05

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.