Nasal polyps and related problems - possible solution!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've written before about this, but this time I have tried something different, with best results (so far!) ever, by a country mile.

I've had nasal polyps for donkey's years, and it has obstructed my breathing and sense of smell. They are so large they can (yuk) be seen by other people.

Here's the very simple natural remedy that has, within days, produced such astonishing results.

In frustration I bough some garlic last week (cloves not powder) and turmeric.

3-4 times a day i cut a small piece of fresh garlic, sprinkle a little turmeric (only a very little) on it and wrap it in tissue (or loo) paper. I then put it into each nostril (cut to size obviously) and change it 3-4 times a day. I don't use kitchen roll as I find it irritates my nose).

I leave it in all the time (yes you are probably thinking people will laugh at me when they see it, but good friends quickly understand and support you). 

The polyps have receded from filling pretty much the whole nostril to the very back of the nose, and breathing is getting easier every day. Breathing through my nose has just not been a consideration for me for years, and I tried things like tea tree oil last year with initially encouraging results but they didn't last.

I'm hoping this will be like a course of pills, that after 1-2 weeks will have shrunk the polyps and aided breathing, and not need to be continuous but I won't know that till I have stopped for a few days. I plan to see it through for 2 weeks and then try without. 

I will of course update, whether results are good or not! 

I suspect this might help with other nose related issues such as breathing and smell, but i don't know of course. But if anyone gives this admittedly unconventional approach, please let me know, and ask any questions you have meantime!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

this is encouraging and thank you for sharing.  I've had nasal polyps for years and my last removal was over 40 years ago.  Funny thing with mine is that my breathing isn't that affected, but i virtually have no sense of smell.  there was a time when i took a q-tip and "pushed" that polyp backwards (yuck, lots of blood).  I think what that did was somehow relocated it such that it opened up the airway to the lungs, but not to the brain...thus no smell.  I look forward to your follow up post.  

• Posted

Hi Greg

Appreciate you taking the time to reply, thanks. Interesting that you managed to push it back. Hopefully it stays where it is! At this stage I'm continuing with the process and it's probably too early to say it's a definite success, however things continue to improve steadily. A very gradual improvement in smell (and taste) alongside still shrinking polyps.

It might be that what it has done is reduced the swelling rather than the 'core' polyp if that makes sense, but it feels like it's better than that. 

I will update after the two weeks are up and I've then had a few days off the improvised solution, but I had read that turmeric can shrink bowel polyps and is apparently used by (literally) millions of people in India for exactly that, and therefore I thought if one type of polyp, why not another! And garlic's qualities are pretty well established.

So if i don't post for a week to ten days, apologies, but I won't have gone away and will update again. I perhaps stupidly had a few drinks last night and was a bit nervous what I might wake up to this morning, but all seems fine today!

• Posted

Hi there, Great to know & Thanks for sharingsmile May try this - Yes I've heard how Turmeric, garlic clove, horseradish, & cayenne pepper can help alsosmile I am researching reflexology as well to aid in repair & found good results also. There's a cure for sure & we'll keep trying & pass it onsmile Thanks 

• Posted

As promised, an update. And in short, it's good! I will go into some detail though, as I hope it might help anyone considering something like this.

Continued the treatment a bit longer than originally planned, and one side has completely shrunk back and is the best it's been as long as I can remember. (25 years+). I unfortunately nicked it and caused it to bleed when taking out the garlic/turmeric piece. For a couple of days it became swollen but still filling only a small part of the nostril, but has now gone right back again. It's amazing. I can taste better, smell better and breathe more easily.

The other side has been slightly different. The polyps are actually inside the nostril and harder to target (the piece tends to miss its target and sink back to the back of the nose. So I slightly changed on this side what I'm doing. Here's what I do three times a day

Dampen both ends of a q-tip. Dab one end in a mix of turmeric and garlic powder, and apply directly onto the polyps. I can't emphasise how little turmeric you should use, a few grains is plenty otherwise it can irritate and cause sneezing fits or bleeding. The latter you obviously don't want as it causes the polyps to swell up nastily. 

If you do start sneezing you've probably used too much. That's where the other end of the q-tip comes in. Roll it gently around inside the nostril to further the dilution and stop the irritation.

1-2 hours after, I find my breathing is fantastic even after a couple of days at the beginning of this, it was much better).

Also if you are going out somewhere and you really don't fancy balls of tissue up your nose, you can do this instead of the originally suggested method.

Daft as all this sounds, it genuinely works! Good luck if you try it, and do ask me any questions.

• Posted

Just an additional. I carry a Vicks inhaler, hoping of course never to need it, but a few breaths on it 2-3 times a day also definitely helps breathing.
    • Posted

In spite of a few days when it swells up though not to previous size (pollen allergy most likely, or occasionally I nick it and it bleeds), this is so much better than any previously attempted solution.

Whether it be tea tree oil, turmeric or other pepper oils, nasal sprays or steroid sprays, the reduction has been much the best with very small pieces of fresh garlic wrapped in tissue paper and inserted into the nose (and left there, changed once or twice a day). I know it sounds gross but I can't tell you the success of it. Can't promise it will work for others, but I'm amazed at the results, from a seemingly daft idea borne out of years of frustration!

• Posted

Just to clarify, about twice a day wrap a small piece of garlic (about small pill size) in tissue or loo paper and put in each nostril, with or without a tiny amount of turmeric (I prefer with as long as it is properly covered in the tissue paper to avoid irritation.

It really is that simple and in my view works a lot better (for me) than steroid sprays etc.

• Posted

Thanks for the update.  I will give the qtip thing a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.