Nasal septum deviation and allergies

Posted , 1 user is following.

So here goes.. first off.. I would like to really have a consultation with a doctor or 2, but here where I live... due to covid, a lot (almost all) of the doctors would literally just shove everything off as covid(politics and corruption with government health insurance) which is why i would like to ask in forums first. so I have nasal septum deviation which always triggers with the changing of temperature. I also had history with allergies (one time i mistook it for flu but it never went away for 1 month the when i had my check up it was found to be allergies this was before covid) so what happened is that we have had a very severe changing of weather like sunny and hot in the morning to cold during night every single day which lead to me having clogged nose. this is normal to me now. But last Monday it got sooooo bad that my right eyes and ears were dead with pressure it was the most painful one yet I cant even open my eyes and it was teary, my ears were the most painful though it feels like there's something sharp poking(nasal septum is leaning right so the pressure is always at the right side of my face/head) and I had a fever because of the pain but only lasted 2 days, no coughing yet and still got taste and smell after the pain I lost my sense of taste and smell, not entirely though I can still taste bitter, salty, sweet, minty but its like i can only taste one at a time. My sense of smell is gone though. I can feel my nose not that clogged but I cant smell and its driving me insane. I just want my sense of smell back I don't know what happened to me. Right now I I'm still taking my antihistamine/decongestant which is really helping I still have coughs but not like before. I don't have any fever after the first one. I read that covid isn't the only cause of loss of smell and taste. I don't think it's covid because of how it started and I didn't have any contact with person who has a history.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.