Nasal Valve Collapse Experiences?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey, has anyone got any experience of nasal valve collapse and the symptoms it can cause?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

anyone?

• Posted

Hi, I was actually coming here to search for the same thing. My ENT says I have this...I am meeting back with him tomorrow to discuss surgery.

My main symptoms are nasal congestion at night and fatigue during the day from possible sleep disturbances. I also find myself breathing through my mouth at times during the day, I guess that's my body's response to not getting sufficient air through my nose. I'm finding recently that Breathe Right nasal strips (which I wear nightly) also help a little during exercise.

There are apparently 2 kinds of nasal valve collapse - external and internal. External is the kind you where you can clearly see your nostrils closing while you breathe in. Internal occurs a little further in the nose. Google or Youtube those for more info.

I've had my septum and turbinates fixed years ago, now I'm hoping fixing this issue might be the last piece of the puzzle.

I'm not sure if any of this helps you, but let me know if you have any other questions. I'm certainly not an expert but I've researched this stuff quite a bit so I know a little.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.